Monday, July 23, 2012

Spinning out of control

If you read my short bio, it tells you the many hats I wear:  Mom, Wife, Communications Director, Den Leader, and Church Volunteer. As part of those jobs, I'm also called on to be a Chauffeur, Trainer, Teacher, Event Coordinator, Therapist, Chef, Housekeeper, Designer, and probably more that I am not thinking of right now.

Most of the time, I manage all these jobs with stylish aplomb...or at least I manage to smile and laugh as things fall apart around me.

Right now, however, I really do feel as though I am spinning out of control. We've been joking a bit about it around the house, saying that our feng shui is out of whack. RockStar did move all the furniture around. And things did start going awry shortly thereafter. We laughed about it. 

Then we moved the furniture back.

Unfortunately, the feng has quite shwayed back. Our fridge that died isn't working yet, even though we've had the guy out to see it. Our 12-year-old Husky, whom everyone thought was a puppy less than six months ago, is crippled up like a pretzel and can barely walk. My mom has had to go on oxygen and will likely never come off of it. And work! Sigh. Work just gets more and more and more and more stressful. 

Oh, and did I mention, SCHOOL starts again in a couple of weeks.

I don't think I dreaded it this much when I was in fifth grade. 

As a result, I really do feel as though I'm spinning out of control. Not like I've reached my limit. Like I hit my limit around May 28th and it's now more than a month in and we are way past overload.

It's really frustrating for me, because I am the one who can and does handle EVERYTHING.

What does the rock - the one who normally supports everyone around her - do when that rock-hard surface begins to crumble?  How can a rock support everyone else when she's crumbling?

I know that I will get through this. I know that my surface will toughen up again and I will again be able to do 10 things at once, juggling everyone's issues simultaneously.

But right now...I kinda' wish everyone and everything would take care of itself for just a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment